The Clubhouse is “The Place To Be” on Sunday mornings for children age 4 through 5th grade.
* Friendly greeters at The Clubhouse welcome your children each week. They make sure each child has a name tag, and then escorts everyone to the sanctuary for music and worship time.
* Then, when Pastor Jim gives the signal, everyone goes to The Clubhouse for fun and engaging lessons. Using our multi-media curriculum, Living Inside Out, the kids learn real life applications of how the Bible shows us to live good lives. Lessons are arranged into monthly themes, and each child receives Memory Makers to keep as reminders of God’s message to them.
For the next several months, the children’s lessons will pay special attention to the Lord’s Prayer. We will discuss
the meaning and importance of the prayer, and help the kids learn it by heart.
Children will enjoy:
*Joining together to participate in object lessons, lively skits and games which reinforce the week’s Bible verse.
* Working in small groups with their teachers who talk and listen, while making crafts, playing games, or eating a snack. The teachers enjoy getting to know the children as they share stories, pray together and care for one another.
Orange group = 4 year old preschoolers and kindergarten students
Green group = 1st, 2nd, and 3rd graders
Blue group = 4th and 5th graders
* Sponsoring Freddy through their Sunday School offering that goes to Compassion International.
* Everyone leaves with a take home paper with their personal challenge to live out the lessons during the week.
* Following worship, The Clubhouse leaders welcome parents and guardians as they pick up their children.
Our goal is to care for our children, sharing with them the stories of God’s love and establishing a basis for a lifetime of Bible study, worship, prayer and service. As a volunteer staff, we do this using a rotating schedule of leadership. This allows the adults and youth who work in The Clubhouse to attend worship on a regular basis as well as giving the children the security and continuity of seeing the same faces on a regular, monthly basis.
Secure Environment for Children
All of our Clubhouse volunteers are background checked and abide by the church’s conduct policy to insure a safe, healthy environment for children. If have questions, please contact Laura Van Proyen, Children’s Ministry Director, at 494-0503.